1. Growth dynamics and fabrication of low dimensional quantum systems and materials
- Growth dynamics of low dimensional quantum structures and nano structures at atomic scale.
- Fabrication of topological insulator thin films, superconductivity-magnetic topological insulators, thermoelectric/ ferroelectric heterojunctions.
- Fabrication of interface and low dimensional superconductors.
- Fabrication and self-assembly of carbon-nano materials and functional nano materials.
- Preparation of trapped atom/molecule/ion systems
2. Precision measurements under extreme conditions
- High energy resolution scanning tunneling spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy.
- Techniques of electronic, magnetic and thermodynamic transport measurements in extremely low temperature and strong magnetic fields.
- Techniques of ultra-sensitive spectrum of atoms and molecules.
- Cooling and trapping of ions, atoms and molecules.
3. Novel quantum phenomena in low-dimensional quantum systems
- Quantum phenomena of two-dimensional Dirac fermions in topological insulator and graphene, and their applications in spintronics and topological quantum computation.
- Quantum phenomena of thermoelectric/ferroelectric super lattice and heterojunction.
- Mechanism of high-temperature superconductors and their application in information technology.
- Quantum phenomena in low dimensional optical lattice and atom/ion trapped system, and their application in quantum information and quantum secure communications.
4. Theory and design of low dimensional quantum systems
- Development of the theoretical methods beyondone body approximation.
- Electronics properties of correlated systems and their effects in low-dimensional quantum systems.
- Design of novel topological insulators principle of quantum devices made by topological insulator and graphene.
- Theory of new type of ion trapsl, characterization of optical lattice and quantum manipulation.