Professor Jun Ni
Educationa nd Employment:
l B.S., 1982, Hunan University
l Ph.D., 1989, Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
l Postdoctoral researcher(1989-1991), Department of Physics, Tsinghua University
l Lecturer(1991-1992), Department of Physics, Tsinghua University
l Associate Professor(1992-1999), Department of Physics, Tsinghua University
l JSPS researcher (1994-1996), RACE, the University of Tokyo(Japan)
l Professor (1999-present), Department of Physics, Tsinghua University.
l Adsorbate structures and properties in nano materials
l Growth Kinetics of low dimensional structures
l Structures and kinetics of ordering of alloys
l Phase diagrams and metastable phase diagrams
l National Award for Advancement in Natural Science (second class, 2000)
l Award for the progress in science and technology, Ministry of Education (second class, 1998)
l Award for the progress in science and technology, National Education Committee(second class, 1995)
l Award for Advancement in Natural Science, Chinese Academy of Science(first class, 1993)
1. Xiaobao Yang, Yi Ding, and Jun Ni, Ab initio prediction of stable boron sheets and boron nanotubes: Structure, stability and electronic properties, Phys. Rev. B R77, 041402 (2008).
2. Yanli Wang and Jun Ni, Ground state structure of sodium ions in NaxCoO2: A combined Monte Carlo and first-principles approach, Phys. Rev. B 76, 094101 (2007).
3. Lin Shi and Jun Ni，Kinetic-Anisotropy-Induced Ordering-Orientation Transition in Epitaxial Growth: A Method to Synthesize Ordering-Orientation Superlattices, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 126105 (2006).
4. Zhenhong Dai and Jun Ni, Mesoscopic terahertz photoelectric switch, Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 192107 (2006).
5. Xiaobao Yang and Jun Ni，Metal-semiconductor and semiconductor- semiconductor transitions in carbon nanotubes by intercalating alkali atoms, Phys. Rev. B 71, 165438 (2005).
6. Lin Shi and Jun Ni, Kinetically induced ordering oscillation during epitaxial growth of a fcc multilayer alloy, Phys. Rev. B 69, 155428 (2004).
7. Jun Ni and Guangming Zhang, Effects of local oxygen distortions on electronic structures of NaxCoO2, Phys. Rev. B 69，214503 (2004).
8. Xiaobao Yang and Jun Ni，Ground states of adsorbates on single-walled carbon nanotubes, Phys. Rev. B 67，195403 (2003).
9. Jun Ni and Binglin Gu, Transient ordered states in the Fe-Co-Al ternary alloy, Phys. Rev. B 61, 8598(2000).
10. Jun Ni and Binglin Gu, Transient ordered states during relaxation from a quenched disordered states to an equilibrium disordered state, Phys. Rev. Lett. 79, 3922 (1997).
Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 126105 (2006).
Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 192107 (2006).
Phys. Rev. B Rapid Comm. 77, 041402 (2008)